Litter Box Chic Pour le Chat

Pets come with accessories… there’s just no getting around it. Me and The Beard? We keep cats, and thus we know that the ugliness of the litter box is legendary. A few enterprising furniture makers have endeavored to help people for whom aesthetics are of utmost importance hide the realities of their cats’ daily lives.

Below you’ll find just a few examples of the many attractive litter box hideaways out there. Perhaps kitty is craving a little privacy this holiday season?

Making the ugly into something lovely

It comes complete with curtains for privacy

For the country kitty of taste

Wicker is fairly versatile, though it looks a little unstable

A catbox cabinet for darker decor

As usual, click the pics for more info. Until I have $700 to get a beautiful stained glass hideaway, I’ll be keeping my cats’ pans in the unfinished part of the basement where no one but us has to lay eyes on them.

6 Responses to “Litter Box Chic Pour le Chat”

1. thepinkeminence December 14, 2007 at 5:11 pm #

While that is kinda funny, I don’t think I would want to teach my beloved kitties to relieve themselves inside cupboards. It seems like that could backfire.

2. Never teh Bride December 15, 2007 at 9:48 am #

Good point, thepinkeminence. It could set a precedent that makes kitty think it’s all right to go among the glasses…

3. Nariya December 17, 2007 at 11:30 am #

I haven’t had that problem! I move my litterbox around sometimes, and my three cats don’t seem to get confused or mind at all. I think they know it by smell, and not necessarily sight or location memory.

4. texasexile December 17, 2007 at 2:03 pm #

Great idea, I am looking into buying one to cover the ugly thing as it is in my home office.

5. Genelle December 17, 2007 at 11:29 pm #

The Hidy Tidy company is based out of northern Arizona (I met them at a mall in Chandler, AZ). I believe it’s just a married couple and each cabinet is made by hand. A lot of the examples on their website are pretty country looking but they can custom make a cabinet to your specifications. If I had $500 to spend on a litter box, they’d be the people I’d buy it from.

6. Cristina December 18, 2007 at 9:57 am #

Hmmm. Why not buy a cheap and chic cabinet at Ikea and hire a carpenter to cut a whole out of the side? Or do it yourself if you’re handy.