Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/home/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/StandardTheme_20/admin/functions.php on line 229
Houzz | Manolo for the Home

Four Things I’m Loving Right Now

1. Paloma’s nursery:

modern nursery

All right, so by the time Paloma actually has a proper nursery (hey, she was early) she’ll probably be extremely embarrassed to hear me even saying the word. For now, she spends most of her time in my black-and-red themed home office — the space that will eventually become her room. And we’ll probably keep that theme. But until that dream becomes a reality, I can fantasize all I want about building the perfect nursery from the ground up… or letting ducduc do it for me.

2. The color gray:

gray living room

Cool, somber, elegant. What’s not to like? Don’t think gray is too dark for small spaces. It’s not. A lighter gray can actually make a small space look bigger!

3. Houzz

Houzz

The Washington Post calls it “the Flickr of design idea sites,” which isn’t too bad of a description. You can search through thousands of photos of interiors by professional designers and save the ones that inspire you in your online idea book… Which means yours truly can finally toss out some of the magazine clippings she’s been sitting on for ages.

4. Hanging things up:

picture frames

With the baby underfoot or attached to me at all times, I don’t get much done around the house anymore. Projects like tiling the mudroom or tackling the bare upstairs room have been put on the back burner for the time being. Just about the only thing I can do is affix things to the walls. Hanging things up makes me feel like I’m actually doing something to add a little zest to my living spaces, and I heartily recommend it to those with a desire for change but not a lot of free time.

10 Responses to “Four Things I’m Loving Right Now”

1. La Petite Acadienne June 10, 2009 at 6:42 am #

Damn, I should have never looked at that nursery photo. I have my nursery painted, the bedding bought and the furniture ordered, and it’ll be nice, but man, oh man…that nursery makes ours look like warmed-over dog doo.

2. Never teh Bride June 10, 2009 at 7:43 am #

At least you have the nursery close to set up, La Petite Acadienne. I have the baby right next to me almost 100% of the time, and her crib will probably be next to our bed until she outgrows it!

3. French furniture June 10, 2009 at 11:04 am #

I’m not a big fan of greay coloured rooms, but this one is beautiful!

4. La Petite Acadienne June 10, 2009 at 11:12 am #

We don’t have our crib yet — Sears can only deliver it on (get this) my due date. So that’ll be nice and chaotic trying to get that set up. :)

At least we have one of those playpen/bassinet jobbies, and that is set up and in our bedroom, so we intend to have the Bean sleep in that for the first couple of months anyway.

How is Paloma anyway? How are you doing with the adjustment?

5. Never teh Bride June 10, 2009 at 3:51 pm #

She’s great, and things are definitely going better than they were just a month or two ago. She sleeps quite well, lets me have a bit of time to myself each day, and is probably the least fussy/cry-y baby on the planet. All in all, we landed ourselves a little winner!

When are you due, anyhow? How’s pregnancy treating you?

6. TwoWishes June 11, 2009 at 10:35 pm #

Your nursery status makes me feel so much better! The baby never gives me time to clean out her room. But at 3 months we’re still working on getting her to sleep lying down, so luckily (?) a crib in a separate room is a LONG way off anyway.

7. La Petite Acadienne June 12, 2009 at 8:18 am #

NtB: that’s great to hear that you won the baby lottery with Paloma. I hope I have the same luck.

I’m due August 13th, so the countdown has definitely begun! Pregnancy is good — my only complications thus far have been feet swollen to an alarming size (not preeclampsia — my blood pressure is still nice and low), and a mild case of gestational diabetes, which I’m managing via diet. Ask me how much I miss Swedish Berries, though.

8. Never teh Bride June 12, 2009 at 8:18 am #

Oh man, TwoWishes. I hear you on the sleeping lying down front. Paloma would rather nap in her swing or in our arms. I’m glad the swing never gets tired or sore. Sometimes I’m tempted to leave her in it during the night instead of putting her in her crib…

9. TwoWishes June 12, 2009 at 2:09 pm #

Seriously, go ahead and try swing napping if it gives you a break! We won’t tell…. ;) We were about to lose our MINDS before I heard that some parents let their child sleep in the car seat at night. Now we can actually get sleep of our own for a few hours at night while she sleeps in the car seat. We’ll work on the bassinet/crib one of these days, but for now it’s still survival mode. Whatever works!!!

10. La Petite Acadienne June 13, 2009 at 7:38 am #

Exactly — whatever works. Paloma probably likes the cradled, swaddled, cozy feeling from being in your arms or in the swing, as opposed to the wide-open feeling of the crib. Makes sense, when you consider that they were used to rather cramped quarters when they were still in self-cleaning mode (i.e. in utero).