Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/home/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/StandardTheme_20/admin/functions.php on line 229
Ugly Chair | Manolo for the Home

NtB Needs Your Help

Ladies and gentlemen, I need your help today. I’m in one of those mental places where I find myself torn between two different opinions. So you tell me, because I just can’t decide… Is this chair from Meritalia ugly? Or really, really freaking ugly?

12 Responses to “NtB Needs Your Help”

1. La Petite Acadienne October 29, 2010 at 7:47 am #

It is a misbegotten abomination that needs to be put out of its misery. I feel unclean just looking at it.

2. marvel October 29, 2010 at 9:45 am #

So ugly I wish I could turn back time and erase that part of my life where I looked at it. “Misbegotten abomination” is an apt description.

3. Toni October 29, 2010 at 12:00 pm #

The best part is the bows. It’s like, well…. what’s the opposite of gilding the lily?

4. AJ October 29, 2010 at 1:49 pm #

Well, the basic shape of the thing looks pretty comfy…the colors, however, make me want to barf. And the superfluous cushions and bows…wth?

5. joods October 29, 2010 at 5:29 pm #

It is simply and stunningly ugly.
    And yet someone will buy it.

6. Jackie October 30, 2010 at 9:26 am #

There’s something good and something bad about it.

7. kimberly October 30, 2010 at 9:31 pm #

At first glance, I liked the shape, but the strangely shaped pillows look un comfy and like they would slide off if you sat on them…..the colors are kind of putrid, the bows unnecessary and ick. do.not.like. I think the pillows are shaped like internal organs or something like that. does not scream, come sit down…….

8. Tracy November 4, 2010 at 5:51 pm #

Well. It looks like a vagina.

Come on, you were ALL thinking that, right?

9. La Petite Acadienne November 5, 2010 at 6:55 am #

Yeah. I was thinking that too. But I’m glad you said it first.

10. aurumgirl November 6, 2010 at 4:23 pm #

Well, not really like a vagina, since it seems to have this outer protuberance–do you use that as a TV table, or straddle it with your legs? Is it a footrest (I can’t tell how far it juts out)? Are the colours on the chair actually bouncing off each other in gleaming reflections?

It’s all painful.

11. Nony Mouse November 7, 2010 at 1:23 pm #

Actually, I was thinking tonsils. If it was straight-up genitalia, we’d probably all be bored, ’cause that’s been done to death in bad taste. But a vague mouth-and-tongue shape in sickly green? That’s a new part of ‘uncomfortable’ this year.

12. AngelDog November 10, 2010 at 7:49 am #

Never mind ugly, it looks lumpy and uncomfortable. And with the ribbon thingies on each side I’d be constantly startling thinking a bug was trying to sneak up on me. Definitely not a chair to relax in with a book all evening.