I Am Loving Large Pattern Wallpaper!

Full disclosure: I don’t do wallpaper. After stripping a border in a single room, I vowed that I would never, ever hang wallpaper – no matter how much I loved it – because I did not want to sentence myself to someday having to strip it. So while I adore the large pattern wallpaper I’m about to show you, I can never hang any of it my house ever ever. To which I say *le sigh* but the memory of spraying the glue stripper and standing on chairs wielding the steam machine we rented from Home Depot is too fresh in my mind to change it.

Bringing the outside in with natural chic

Mmm, turquoise!

How about large pattern wallpaper in a monochromatic scheme?

Flowers, cheerful and huge

Beautiful birds in large pattern clouds

Paint or wallpaper, a large pattern can be so stunning

What do you think of large pattern wallpaper? Too much? Or Just the right amount of much?

7 Responses to “I Am Loving Large Pattern Wallpaper!”

1. Steph May 12, 2011 at 6:33 am #

Love it! Esp. the birds and the grey room with the punch of turquoise and pink. Makes me think that maybe I should do my bedroom in all grey! Hmm….

2. Karissa Rigano May 12, 2011 at 6:34 am #

I feel ya! I am dying to do one wall of my office/mom cave in a large Moroccan trellis wallpaper…but I hate the thought of having to strip it when I get bored with it. In fact, I did not purchase a house I really liked, because there was too much wallpaper (even the ceilings were wallpapered). I am thinking, I might buy the vinyl wall art that I can just peel off when I am over it.

3. Steph May 12, 2011 at 6:34 am #

I will also add that I think these work because of the overall design (ie the appropriate furniture and accessories)…wallpaper like this can look hideous if it’s not incorporated carefully.

4. Madame Suggia May 16, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

The want monster has spoken…I MUST find that dark floral paper in the first shot! My 1st floor bathroom will be STUNNING in it. Won’t someone help a sad flower-obsessed girl out?

5. Karissa Rigano May 27, 2011 at 10:50 am #

I saw this website today, and I remembered this blog post. http://www.tempaperdesigns.com I think this might be the route I go. EASY TO REMOVE!

6. Christa Terry June 1, 2011 at 10:56 am #

I like the way you’re thinking, Karissa! That’s pretty sweet stuff!

7. Christa Terry June 5, 2011 at 2:32 pm #

Fantastic link, Karissa! I think it’s awesome, especially for things like nurseries where you might not want pink elephants (or whatever) for the rest of your kid’s childhood.